Apple Pie Cupcakes
I’m a little late with this post, but oh well!
These were a big hit at work, even though everyone complained they were gaining weight just from looking at them!
- 1 can apple pie filling, pureed
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 5 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 5 cups confectioners sugar
- Melt butter in the microwave.
- Add cake mix, eggs and water to the butter in large bowl.
- Mix on low for 1 min. Then mix on high for 1 min.
- Fill cupcake papers. Bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, core cupcakes, insert filling.
- Mix together the heavy cream, the vanilla and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Beat the butter on medium until smooth and uniform.
- Reduce mixer speed to medium low and slowly add the confectioners' sugar until it is smooth and creamy, then add in the cream, vanilla and cinnamon mixture and continue mixing about another minute until it is fully combined.
- Ice cupcakes.