Welcome to the first edition of Friday 13s!
1. The squirrels in my neighborhood are suicidal.
2. What has no passengers, no ticket machines, and rides around all day? A ghost train. Read about Britain’s 50+ trains that travel the tracks with empty carriages. BBC.com: Why Britain has secret ‘ghost trains’
3. My imagination is so much more exciting than work.
4. Last night, we went to the Lincoln Theater to see KMFDM (Kein Mehrheit Für Die Mitleid, loosely translated as “no pity for the majority”) – one of Colby’s favorite bands. It’s not the type of music I would normally listen to, but they put on a great show!
5. A Reddit commenter talks about “why changing #BlackLivesMatter to #AllLivesMatter is an act of erasure that makes lots of people cringe,” Fusion.net: The next time someone says ‘all lives matter,’ show them these 5 paragraphs
6. I started seeing a new crazy doctor last week, so far, I really like her. She doesn’t accept insurance, so I’m paying out of pocket and requesting reimbursement from my insurance provider, but I don’t mind if it gets me a better level of service, someone who wants to get to know me, not my mental disorders.
7. Apparently Social Security has had me listed as male since my card was first issued in 1990. Whoops! Thankfully I had my birth certificate scanned into Google Drive & SSA was able to correct it. Thanks, Mom!
8. Long, flowing locks. Gorgeous eyelashes. Sultry eyes. Parent and performer. Sounds a bit strange when describing male musicians, doesn’t it? HeadStuff: If Male Musicians Were Described the Same Way as Female Musicians
9. What will we wear in the future? Yellow spandex? Color-changing underwear? Sprayable clothing? What people will dress like in 1950 as imagined on the cover of “Life,” 1914
10. Beyond, a sea, a sky, and a water. Without doubt, the sea is for enjoy smell of salty air. The sky is not a water, and the water encompasses a cause to become wet. Bad poetry? No, word.camera created a lexograph from this image. mental_floss: Make Strange Stories from Your Pictures with Word Camera
11. What do you get when you combine squirrels + camera + snow? Pure awesome.
12. I wonder what happened to Sargoth in the Books of the Sundered series by Michelle Sagara West. I’ve read the series twice, and I still can’t figure it out! Grumble grumble.
13. Why do people think chocolate-covered strawberries are romantic? It’s a bit hard to eat them without looking like a goofball covered in chocolate.