Italian Sausage Soup
I know, I know, it’s been a while and I’m sure you’re wanting all the juicy details of the wedding, the honeymoon and the return to the real world.
But, alas, you’ll have to wait — it’s recipe time!
I had a hankerin’ for some Italian sausage earlier (yes, I really said ‘hankerin’) earlier, and Colby wanted soup, so…Italian Sausage Soup it is.
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 2 cans petite dice tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 5 links sweet turkey Italian sausage
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tbsp. powdered garlic
- 1 cup dry macaroni
- Combine the chicken stock, dried basil and canned tomatoes in a large pot and let simmer.
- Heat up 1 tbsp. olive oil in a heavy skillet/frying pan. Slice open the turkey sausage and remove from casing. Brown turkey sausage (crumbling as you go), then add to stock stock.
- Sauté onions for 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic and cook for another minute or so. Add to stock pot.
- Simmer soup for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the dried macaroni, stir and continue to simmer for 15 to 25 minutes, or until the macaroni is squishy.
- Serve hot, top with Parmesan cheese if desired.