Pink Lemonade Bars
I love cooking, especially desserts. Cakes, cookies, cupcakes, you name it. This recipe is a bit unusual for me, as it’s very lemony and very sweet, but I quite like it.
A sweet, tangy dessert bar.
- 4 sticks (2 cups) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemonade powder (like Country Time)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- Red food coloring
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grab a 12x18 cake pan or jelly roll pan.
- Cream together butter and 1 cup granulated sugar. Slowly add salt and flour, mixing until a soft dough forms.
- Press dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until slightly brown on top. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature 325ºF.
- Blend eggs and 1 1/2 cups sugar until fluffy and smooth. Add lemon juice, lemonade powder and food coloring until desired color. Add flour slowly, and continue stirring until well blended. Note: This might take a few minutes. Mixture will be thin and runny.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until firm.
- Cool completely and sprinkle with powdered sugar.