What are your plans this Labor Day? Me, I’m planning to sleep. A lot. Maybe taking a nap or two.
Part of me wants to make more salsa, since tomatoes are still in season, and I need to stock up for the winter (the Boyfriend Unit goes through about a pint a week, if not more). But, eh, I would rather wrap Demon Kitty up in a blanket and make him snuggle me.
Chili is one of my favorite lazy night dinners, and taco chili is at the top of the list.
A delicious chili with a nice kick!
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and grease drained
- Taco seasoning
- 1 16 oz. can black beans
- 1 16 oz. can pinto beans
- 10 oz. salsa
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- Sour cream
- Optional: tortilla strips, guacamole, shredded cheese
- Brown the ground beef, drain.
- Add taco seasoning and both cans of beans.
- Cook over medium heat until hot.
- Add corn & salsa, stir well.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot, top with sour cream. Add tortilla strips, guacamole and shredded cheese.