Turkey & Bean Chili
An upright goat wearing a fedora and Hawaiian shirt.
Think about it.
I’m no longer subscribing to the belief that Mother Nature exists. No, I believe she’s been horribly & painfully killed and replaced by a Cardassian (not Kardashian).
In light of this discovery, I will be combatting the forces of the Dominion with homemade turkey & bean chili. Take THAT, evildoers!
Yes, I’m a bit of a nerd.
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 2.4 lb. lean ground turkey
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 (6 oz) cans of tomato paste
- 2 (15 oz) cans of pinto beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans of fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tbsp. garlic
- 2 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 4 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili con carne powder
- 1 tsp. chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1-2 tsp. hot sauce (to taste)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Heat oil in large pot on medium-high heat, sauté onions for 6 minutes. Add ground turkey, garlic and salt/pepper, cook until ground turkey is browned.
- Add tomato paste, pinto beans, tomatoes, red pepper flakes, cumin, , chili con carne, chipotle powder, hot sauce, paprika. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat & simmer, cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top with cheese and sour cream (if desired)